Welcome to the New England Fabrics Free Classes Page
New things are happening here at New England Fabrics and Decorating Center! We are offering free Saturday 1 hour Mini-Classes and 30 minute Demonstrations. These free mini- classes and demos will include quilting, home decorating and general sewing tip, along with some great ideas for simple upholstery projects!
Of course, we also offer our regular quilting and sewing classes for beginners and accomplished sewers alike.
Free Classes and Demo Schedule – Saturday Mornings- Mini Class 10:00-11:00am, Demos 10:00am
- Oct 28 demo Sewing Machine Circular Attachment. Come and see what this interesting sewing machine accessory can do! (you can create Heirloom Quilts!)
- Nov 4 class Upholster a removable dining chair seat. All you need is yourself! Come and help participate in reupholstering a dining chair seat.
- Nov 11 class Perfect Mitered Corner Quilt Bindings with Decorative Stitching. Bring a small quilted item (largest being 36″ x 36″) that’s ready to bind. Binding needs to be ready to sew. Cut at 2 1/2″ wide and long enough to go around the entire item. If you don’t have something ready to bind, you’re welcome to come and observe!
- Nov 18 demo home dec – How to properly install a Traverse Rod. Come in and have Scott show you the correct procedure for installing Traverse Rods.
- Nov 25 demo Quilt Marking Possibilities. Not sure how to go about marking you quilt for quilting? Come and learn the best methods and options available.
- Dec 2 class upholstery -Bias Cording. Learn how easy it is to make bias cording for pillows, cushions or any Home Decorating project you may have.
- Dec 9 class Faire Isle Knitting. 2 colors of yarn and 16″ circular needles of the appropriate size for your yarn, are all you need to learn this fun way of knitting designs with two colors!
- Dec 16 demo upholstery -Bring in your old tired, mushy cushion. We will share professional ideas and tips to revitalize your cushions!
- Dec 23 class Beginning Knitting. Learn to cast on and to knit and purl. You will need 1 skein of yarn and the appropriate size single pointed knitting needles for your yarn. Let the fun begin!
- Jan 6 2018 class quilt- Organic Curved Piecing. 2 Fat Quarters, rotary cutting mat, rotary cutter and a sewing machine are all you need to have fun with this unusual cutting and sewing technique. No pinning!!
Nov 7, 14 & 21 Jingle Pop Quilt 9:30-12:00. $65.00 This is a wonderful and happy holiday quilt. Quilt sample and supply list is at the front counter at NEF.
More Classes will be scheduled starting in January.